Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The 4 S's of Distressing . . .



Ok, one of the other classes we took Friday night was a scrapbooking one on Distressing. It was led by Elizabeth Chu and she is a Close to My Heart consultant, I believe. I am not much on scrapbooking yet. Mainly because I don't have kids yet and don't have the time- or make it yet. I feel like a card is achievable for me. Anyway, back to what I learned. We learned the four S's- sandpaper, scissors, sponging and stippling. I think I learned more in this session than the others- it was a lot of fun and I know I can apply these techniques to my card making. We also used drywall tape- that was too cool. It was a spread with a Lighthouse type theme. We used the drywall tape under the lighthouse and at the bottom on one of the pages. It gives a nice texture and it can also be painted on gives a nice background. We sandpapered the navy paper and used the scissors to distress the red. Hard to see from the pics- sorry. And the coolest thing ever was that we got to use a cropodile-- how cool that was and yes it is as they say- like buddar!!! Ok, I wanna use my 50% off coupon from JoAnn's this week on that- if they have them. Ok here are the pics:

No comments: